Friday, July 15, 2011

Jessie-May Broadhurst

Age: 25 | Height: 5’6″ | New Westminster, BC

Jessie May Broadhurst was born in New Westminster, Canada. ‘Momo’ has five siblings. Jessie May was asked to speak for an M.C.F.D. Conference, to help better understand the realities of being a foster child. Shortly after the laws were changed in her home province of B.C.
Jessie May was in a traumatic car accident 04/04/02. She awoke from a coma with a broken body and severe temporal brain injury. Through persistence of a supportive team this Aries regained her health.
Her travels have taken her throughout the globe exploring with different workshops, seminars and groups. Jessie May continues to speak. Powered by the passion for sharing, Jessie May is now writing her first book.

Languages spoken Fluently (please include your native language if English is not your native language)
I speak English fluently, although I am attempting to learn French and Spanish as well as sign language. Through my travels and cultural exchanges I do try to the best of my ability to communicate with all who travel my path. It is amazing what barriers can be overcome when there is a will of the mind and spirit.
What would be your “dream job” in life?
I dream of speaking about the things that matter, by being a motivational life speaker.  There are many grey areas and hardships in life and we as people need to be better equipped to deal with failures and disappointments, injury and losses or whatever may come your way. There are so many wonderful things that life has to offer but many hold themselves back from their true ability because they do not know how to make the necessary changes. I want to help share reassurance that anything can be achieved with the right mind set, determination with effort.
List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.
The most interesting and unusual job is becoming the writer to my very own book. I feel that by being open and direct about the circumstances I have lived through this is the most genuine and honest service I could ever provide the world. Even through discouraging times there is always the ability to step forward and take a new direction.
By not fearing judgment or ridicule, I am opening up my struggles to show progress and the ability to make change and regain the growth in life. I think anyone has a hard time finding what they are looking for, if they are looking in the dark. Awareness is our flame.
Where is the most interesting place you have been?
This truly is a difficult one to choose. One wonder to my own eyes was the lushness of a real rainforest, which did not do my childhood memories justice. St. Lucia is a hidden heaven without a doubt. To soak in the ‘Fountain of Youth’ and create a mud face, as a lady in her twenties, was a bit surreal! Being the worlds’ only drive in volcano, I must say was the icing on the cake!
When I emerged from the warm pool with my cracked heels, but no pain! I learned that from all the gases that the volcano itself creates so many healing remedies. To know such simple things that are needed, and the earth gives it back to us?  This is an interesting place to see for sure! You learn something new every day.
What is your philosophy of/in life?
I am a true believer in what ‘philosophy’ is, which is having the love of wisdom. The direction life may lead you is what it will be, you have the choice to use the knowledge that is given to you for betterment. By leading life with a positive mind set, life can be a very progressive and awakening journey. By enriching your life from the spoils of yesterday, you can create a nourished and supported growth of the new flowers of tomorrow; an adaption from a famous quote I adore.
Inner knowledge holds no bounds, the opposite which is the true meaning of ignorance. Ironically, if you don’t know you have it, how can you use it? Life can be beautiful if you make the choice to live it that way. ‘Ignorance is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge). The word “ignorant” is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware..’

No comments:

Post a Comment